In 1996 the government made law that all landlords who rent part, or all of a property, must have all gas appliances and pipe work checked and a certificate to prove it every 12 months.
If you are a landlord with your gas appliances unchecked, call us today for your Landlords Gas Safety Certificate (CP 12) or get a quote and book online.
This service is also available for homeowners who wish to have their appliances safety checked for peace of mind or wish to show documented evidence to potential buyers that their gas appliances are in safe working order.
What does a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection Include?
1. Check appliance for gas tightness.
2. Check standing and working pressure if test points available.
3. Check burner pressure / gas rate against manufacturer's data plate.
4. Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation.
5. Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion.
6. Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices.
7. Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate).
8. Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person. An appliance cannot be deemed as having been checked, until the above has been completed.
9. For a Landlords Safety Record inspection a tightness test of the full system should be added to the above.
10. To test all appliances for their CO value with our combustion analyser equipment
11. Issue a Gas Safe certificate with a unique serial number to the property tested
Fill in the form below to get in touch with SDA Facilities Management. For a more in depth contact form please visit our contact us page.